“The Coffee Break Screenwriter Breaks the Rules”
In this book Pilar reviews the rules writers assume they should follow, discusses why they’re there in the first place, and then shows you ways to creatively break them!
- flashback and voiceover
- empathy and backstory
- writing “on the nose”
- nonlinear writing and act-break placement
- formatting sticking points
- Why the rule exists.
- Why writers should break the rule.
- How writers can break the rule.
- How breaking the rule can break bad (so break with care).
Click here for more information and purchase options.
2ND EDITION: “The Coffee Break Screenwriter”
Pilar Alessandra’s user-friendly script-writing book “The Coffee Break Screenwriter” has been updated to incorporate newer examples, TV instructions and additional Pitch Templates. It’ll help you brainstorm, outline, hit pages, rewrite and pitch your script using your stolen moments of time
Click Here for more information and to purchase.